Wednesday, April 4, 2018

How do you do your backups? Have you actually checked them to make sure they are working?

Most people do not think of backup as anything more than, "I have one".  There is really a lot more that needs to be taken into account. - How much data do I need to back up? - Do I need to back up the data, or the entire image? - How long do I need to keep the data? - How often do I need to back up? (real time, hourly, daily, weekly) - Do I have any compliance issues to address? - Are you backing up cloud services? (O365, Google apps, Salesforce, dropbox, etc...) - How long can you be down in the event of a failure? - Are you backing up Locally, to the cloud or both? - Do you just backup servers? What about your desktops? - Are you regularly testing backups? - Do you have anyone actively monitoring backups? At Bit by Bit we have a managed approach that will ensure your backups are what you need and working.  Let us know if you need more help.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment